Important information about our business:
Mortgage BLISS Limited is a Licensed Financial Advice Provider issued by the FMA to provide financial advice services. Financial Services Provider Number is FSP1003885.
Our office contact details
Address: 31 Shaw Road RD1 Whakatane
Nature and Scope of financial advice services
Residential Property Lending
Products we can provide financial advice about
- First home buyers and home loans
- Investment Property
- New build and renovations
- Business Loans
- Property Development loans
- Asset loans
The actual fee charged to you will depend on the nature and scope of the advice or service we provide. We will discuss and agree the actual fees with you before we proceed and explain how they are payable.
Where other costs are incurred in the process of providing our advice and services to you, you will be liable for these costs. However, we will agree all additional costs with you prior to incurring them.
In the event that you repay or refinance your new loan within a period of 28 months and we are required to repay the commission to the lender, the fee we will charge will be the amount required by the lender and will be based on the length of time that you have had the loan. This means that the closer to the 28th month anniversary of the loan the lower the fee that will be required to be paid back to the lender.
Mortgage BLISS Advisors are paid salaries not commission, our priority is to suit the lending product to your needs, we don’t refer to a particular lender.
Most providers pay a commission which is calculated as a percentage of the loan amount which varies between providers. A few providers also pay a trailing commission over the life of the loan.
Conflicts of interest or other incentives
We are here for our clients and to advise you as best we can. Your interests are our priority although we do have business relationships with product providers also.
Mortgage BLISS Ltd receives commissions from the banks and lenders when your loan settles.
We also receive referral fees from a few of our referral partners if you purchase a product from them.
How we manage any conflicts of interest
To ensure our advisors prioritise our clients’ interests:
- We follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made appropriately, based on client’s goals and circumstances.
- All our advisors undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest.
- We maintain register of conflicts of interests and the gifts and incentives we receive. These registers are monitored regularly, and additional training is provided as required.
- We undertake an annual independent Compliance Assurance Review.
Our duties and obligations to you
We are bound by the duties of the Financial Markets Conduct Act (431I, 431K, 431L and 431M) to:
- Meet the standards of competence, knowledge and skill set out in the Code of Conduct
- Give priority to the clients’ interest and
- Exercise care, diligence and skill and
- Meet the standards of ethical behavior, conduct, and client care set out in the Code of Conduct.
Our Internal complaints process
If you have a problem, concern or complaint about any part of our advice or service, please tell us so that we can try to fix the problem.
Our internal complaints handing process is as follows:
- Acknowledge your complaint with your Advisor
- If you are not able to resolve your complaint by step 1 with your Advisor, email firstname.lastname@example.org and our complaints manager Vanesch Gordon will contact you within 2 business days. We may need further information about your complaint, our aim is to resolve the complaint within 10 working days but will contact ou if we require more time to consider the complaint.
- If your complaint cannot be resolved through our internal complaints process as per step 1 and step 2 we encourage you to refer to our independent dispute’s resolution scheme Financial Services Complaints Limited.
Our external complaints process:
If we cannot agree on how to fix the issue, or if you decide not to use the internal complaints scheme, you can contact our external disputes resolution scheme – Financial Services Complaints Ltd. This service will cost you nothing, and will help us resolve any complaints.
You can contact Financial Services Complaints Limited at:
Address PO Box 5967, Wellington 6145
Phone 0800 347 257